just another canvas

09 February 2006

edmonton


120 kph

on my off weekend between ice racing, i had to go to edmonton for a wedding, and decided to go by driving. so i took a couple days off, the friday and monday. i didn't leave until mid afternoon friday, which put me in edmonton, banging on a freind's window at 4am. so what do i do at 4am of the saturday of the wedding? call rob, go to keegan's, and stay up to say "hi" to michelle after her night shift. 3 hours of sleep later, i was at the infamous west edmonton mall buying clothes so i could look proper at the wedding i came for. why? becuse i didn't pack any dress clothes, duh... the wedding was short and sweet (sorry, no pics - forgot the camera in the jeep. this is the same reason there is none of the reception too. so if anyone has some they'd like to forward to me, that would be fabulous!). feeling underdressed in a dress shirt and pants and no tie, i headed out after and found a nice jacket to purchase and add to my skyrocketing bill for the weekend. the reception was wonderful and emotional. i told joe i wanted to cry, as i didn't know what other way to express my emotions for them. i didn't of course, that woulda been silly. the evening continued late into the night as the free booze flowed and we all danced away. the next day was the gift opening which i was delighted to have been invited too. i love being a part of such things. it makes me feel like a part of a family or something. then it was off to meet some peeps for dinner, and drinking and smoking (a fine cigar) at michelle's.
so the following day i should be leaving, as it is now monday. well, i hadn't got a hold of my old roomie, and therefore hadn't gotten any of my stuff - the whole reason for driving out. by midday i had given up on the idea of leaving town, and locking my keys in the truck sealed the deal. after an afternoon with the couple, we retrieved my keys, made dinner, and i then finally met up with jimmy and my stuff. after a 3 hour catch up session and custody discussion, i left my tv behind and headed to my cozy couch and caught a couple zzz's. i left in the morning before noon, stopped and stocked up on tea, and hit the highway by 12. the trip was great for the most part, but as you will see in some pictures, the highway took a turn for the worse on the Coq. i spent 2+ hours sitting waiting or trucks to clear themselves here and there and made it home close to midnight.

phew... that was long. sorry to bore you all. but you didn't have to read, now did you?


me me me!!!


 

a collection of random posts, pictures, etc.