just another canvas

25 March 2005

awesome

so what's with moustaches? today I had the thought of shaving my "no longer a 5 o'clock shadow but not a beard" to what would look like dirt on my upper lip. now, i'm not a fan of the furry catepillar on the lip, and I have never quite understood the reason to grow one. men with them just have them, and will always have them, like my father. I could never recognize my dad wthout the ol' soup strainer. but why is having one portrayed as creepy or dirty? I think the same, but don't understand why? (except for my dad, he's cool.)



the weirdest part though was the attitude that swept over me for the next hour.... I said "that's AWESOME" and 'YEEEEAH!" for everything. and not in my normal voice, but in a deeper, strange voice that ended up hurting my throat by the time my lunch conversation was over. I even was saying it with an underbite, protruding my jaw forward with every "YEEEEAH!" I even think there was some hip thrusting in there too.

so I think there is certain power that comes from a 'stache, and this is what causes this creepy and dirty demeanor to follow men with a bit of facial hair solely on their upper lip. even the idea f one caused me to be overwhelme dby it for a period of time. I even asked my lunch partner,"who wants a moustache ride?"...and then followed it up with the obligatory "I do! I do!" while clapping my hands....


 

a collection of random posts, pictures, etc.