just another canvas

30 March 2005

Easter Long Weekend

Easter was pretty tame this year, though it was quite enjoyable.

trees on my street

I worked the Thursday night, and the Friday night. Friday before work I went for a walk with Gina down Whyte in the wonderful weather (okay, it was like 5 degrees, but for here, we have to enjoy every bit of weather where the temp is higher than zero). The place I really needed to get something from was closed (of course) so the wander involved a lot of window shopping, finally getting to check out the new American Apparelstore, ice cream at Marble Slab, and a smaller ring for my lip.

Whyte Ave.

My only dinner was at Kimmy and Joe's on Saturday. There was a small group of us "Abandoned" which included Matt, Jendie, Meghan, Mike, Jack and the hosts, and myself. Boy was there a lot of food. Thanks Kimmy! Thanks Joe! And thank you Jendie for the candy!

The Abandoned

The evening also included the usual few rounds of board games, which put Penises vs. Vaginas in Pictionary, some cards, and many rounds of Settlers. It was a great night. I really enjoyed myself hanging out with this circle of people, one I haven’t spent the most of time in the last year or so for various reasons.

I'll conquer you all...

Sunday was a day of not needing to eat…soooo fuuullll…until Robbie called after work and wanted food. Man I eat too much sometimes. So food and Halo filled my evening. And then a slurpee run at 1 am. I have always wondered why the newer Mac’s have seating in them, until I was using it for 2 hours while enjoying my Dr Pepper Froster and chatting with Gina. And then we decided 3 am was a good time for a movie. One has to do something while all that sugar courses though your system. I haven’t decided if she is normally this much of a night owl, or whether I’m corrupting her sleep pattern.

Gina

Easter Monday I thought was going to sneak by without too much happening, minus proofing an English paper for Crystal. It almost did, until good ol’ Mahe called and asked if I wanted to go for a pint. Sure, so off to Garnaeu Pub with all the other alcoholics.

easter eggs

The place was surprisingly busy. I some how missed Adam, a fellow employee at Steeps, when I got there, as he and his friends were all sitting in the corner. Nicky and Jordan with their friend Alex showed up after their trip to the movies. And an old acquaintance, Amy Lynn is working the bar again. What was supposed to be a couple pints all changed when Amy Lynn brought some special shots on her. This was followed by a trip to the bar for some more sampling. I can now say I’ve tried Ouzo, and Cointreau. I have had the “daily special” Sambuca for $2.50 many times before. Back at our seat we chatted with Alex and Adam and Nicky and Jordan and Amy Lynn and a friend of Adam’s I’ve met before but can remember his name, though I now have him hooked on The Bad Plus. Now Nicole wants some shots. I don’t blame her, Alex is a retard. And she is all alone with him – Jordan ran off. More Sambuca. And a Sicilian Kiss. And Alex tried footing Marc and I with their bill. Ass. Glad we know the bartender, she fixed it all. Oh the bill right… “A few pints” equaled $60….each. So what does a couple guys do when they are the last to leave a bar on a Monday? Go back to my place and drink more! Yeah Absinthe! And then play drunk driving Gran Turismo 4 until 5am….
this morning sucked, that’s all I have to say. Why I told you all this in this much detail I dunno, but I’m tired and have still no semblance of a regular sleeping schedule – look at the post time!?! I’m going to bed.

Jack.


 

a collection of random posts, pictures, etc.