just another canvas

23 June 2005

Day with Amy

awwwww.....

So the day with the ex ended up being a great time! There were no mean, inside-esque jokes, or I'm-better-than-you attitude. Things were a little reserved at first, the two of us being a little on guard. We went for lunch on Robson at Milestone's where we had some early afternoon belinis.

weeeee.....

We wondered around afterwards, did some shopping, walked down to the water, under Canada Place, ran into Kristal (weird), and back to the car. We decided that since the weather turned for the better, we would head to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, like we had wanted to weeks or months ago.

un-activating the security system
don't drop the kids

We (I) did a quick tour (lap) around Stanley park in the Bug, and made it to the bridge around 5. The place was dead, which was nice. It ended up being a great place, minus the outrageous entry fee! The grown up working stiff had to pay ~$26, while my student/bum status got me in for $18. We walked around and chatted with the staff about the US, politics, etc, and headed for the giftshop.

could be the coolest tree fort ever, but not yet

Here I tried one of each fudge flavour. It helps when there is a shift change between the two young counter girls. It helps when one is hitting on you too. It doesn't help when a girl comes over and distracts her. Stupid ex. Oh well. What am I gonna do, commute to North Van for some chick? I don't think so. We both left not really hungry, and I wanted to visit Steeps, so we headed back across the city and tried finding my favorite tea house. What a great place! It has a great atmosphere, and more tea than College Plaza. And more lattes, though I'll pass on the idea of a honeybush latte. It looked like a trendy resturant though, something like the Cactus Club. Here we tried a couple rounds of tea, and actually just talked like friends should. The usual ramblings of what to do in the up coming years, where we want to be, how everyone else seems to be getting married... blah. It was getting late, and we were geting hungry, so I chatted one last time to Brendan the owner of Steeps Co. I repeated the fact I loved Steeps, was unemployed, and I loved Steeps, took my bottles of chai and headed home.

home, sweet sorta home

I dropped her off, and made it home around 1am. I really enjoyed hanging out with her, but also realized I don't need to entertain the idea of getting back together again. I guess my tastes (or she) has changed over the years. It had been three years since I had last seen her, but we should be hanging out a few more times before she heads back to the land of ... umm.... America.

Also, I spent all day working on a new motor for my car! weeee!

mmmm.... high like a Surrey school girl


 

a collection of random posts, pictures, etc.